That Wasn’t In My Master-Plan!

20 May
Superman making his debut in Action Comics No....

(Photo credit: Wikipedia)

I’m a planning/organizing geek. Or maybe freak is a better fit.

Either way, when I realized just how short of a time-frame I would be packing up our household (mostly solo), I grabbed a pen and paper and Made A LIST! Then, I drew out a master schedule, day-by-day and assigned tasks accordingly. Visit from Sister and Brother-In-Law, no problem! I left those days blank. Birthday Party? Check! I got it covered. Until a couple of days ago, I was not only on target, but possibly a little ahead of schedule.

Then, Mr Crabby Pants took a little tumble, and landed just so as to end up needing a staple in his head.

Ok, I got it. We’re moving along. Of course for some reason that song “Kryptonite” keeps  popping up in my head: If I go crazy, then will you still call me Superman? I attribute this partly to the Superman bandages I bought to prevent him from DIY staple removal.

What I did NOT plan on, was being rear-ended on my way home from church yesterday. It’s T-minus 3 weeks to till we are rolling out-of-town here and CAR REPAIRS were not on my master list! Thankfully we’re all ok. But, seriously, I need to be able to access my trunk.

I’m waiting for a claim rep to get in contact with me, “Sometime before 5″, according to the Customer Service Rep I talked with yesterday.

Can you hear my fingers drumming? Can you???

About these ads

8 Responses to “That Wasn’t In My Master-Plan!”

1. penneyfox May 20, 2013 at 8:58 pm #

Wow, I’d probably be a little freaked with the crabby’s staple and then a car accident. You seem much calmer than me. Or are you just holding it in and then you’ll explode when you get there?

• momuverse May 20, 2013 at 11:17 pm #

More disbelief than anything else. Plus, I don’t have time to panic. I’ve got packing to do, I’m about out of boxes. Need reinforcements! Back to the liquor store.

• penneyfox May 21, 2013 at 1:05 pm #

You’re running on pure adrenaline now! Every time you say, “back to the liquor store, I need reinforcements!” it cracks me up. I know what you mean but the actual image of what you COULD be getting at the store is what makes me laugh.

• momuverse May 21, 2013 at 1:19 pm #

Hee hee. It makes me laugh too. Seriously though, they are the best boxes. sturdy and manageable size. I fantasize about grabbing a bottle of Margaritas and letting someone else do the work for me… if only

• penneyfox May 21, 2013 at 1:21 pm #

Yep … moving is the worst. But it’ll be over before you know it and then guess what … you get to unpack!

• momuverse May 21, 2013 at 1:23 pm #

Crabby pants will be happy to help with that! I can just see it now. On the bright side it will also keep him occupied.

• penneyfox May 21, 2013 at 2:06 pm #

I’ve been reading this book about how to simply blogging and the writer is a mom. She tells this story about how she cleans out her back room and her two kids help her. She talks about how she made a game out of and did a little bit each day AND the kids loved it. It was a cute story but I just can’t see my kid doing this, yours? most likely but not mine :)

• momuverse May 21, 2013 at 2:32 pm #

Nah, she hates cleaning. She made a mother’s day card and said on it “my mom loves to clean”. I personally think LOVE is a strong word here, but that’s the impression she has.